Mar 10, 2010

Wednesday evening what’s happening in my workshop? – que se passe-t-il dans mon atelier ce Mercredi soir ?

-->

A little more work on Baby Blanket “Provence & Orient”. A bit of hand stitching in green and brown embroidery stitch. 

Three more “cow” patches ready to be included in another piece. I cut them out from a toddlers tee-shirt. I really like them, but don’t have the inspiration for placing them yet.

And a long-overdue project is starting: re-working my husband’s winter coat. He’s had it for ever and has been asking me for nearly as long to do some creative fixing to it. Here are a few pictures of the project in hand, and the dress which I’m going to cut up to use pieces from as patches. Yes, patches reign supreme in my workshop! First I’m unstitching the lining. I’ll then reshape the coat, fix the holes in the lining and around the pockets, and try to give a neater aspect to the sleeves which are very worn out. It will be great when I’ll have finished, I rarely do any sewing for my husband. It’s a good occasion to make something for him that he’ll be really happy with!

Un peu plus de travail sur la Couverture pour Bébé « Provence & Orient ». De la couture à la main en fil à broder vert et marron.
Trois nouveaux patchs « vaches » sont prêts à être inclus sur une autre pièce. Je les ai découpées d’un tee-shirt pour jeune enfant. Je les aime beaucoup, mais je n’ai pas encore l’inspiration pour les placer sur quelque chose.
Finalement un projet en attente depuis fort longtemps : je commence à retravailler le manteau d’hiver de mon mari. Ca fait une éternité qu’il l’a, et presqu’autant qu’il me demande de la lui réparer. Voici quelques photos du projet en question, et de la robe que je vais découper pour en utiliser des pièces pour les patchs. Eh oui, les patchs règnent en maitres dans mon atelier ! En premier je decouds la doublure par le bas. Ensuite je vais receintrer le manteau, reparer les trous dans la doublure et autour de poches, et essayer de redonner un aspect plus propre aux manches qui sont bien elimees. Ce sera super quand j’aurais fini, je fais rarement de la couture pour mon mari. C’est une bonne occasion de lui faire quelque chose qui lui fera vraiment plaisir !

1 comment:

  1. I love all the colours in the Provence & Orient piece - it'll make a great baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails