Jan 27, 2010

Toddlers bayadere cardi - Veste bayadère pour jeune enfant


I’m getting to grips with my overlocker. I’m now able to use more of my organic cotton. I have a fair amount of it, from the company People Tree (I worked for them a few years in London). One of my best friends still works for them and occasionally gives me more)..
This jacket was in the back of my head recently. It’s a simple style, lined with cotton, modelled here by my happy boy Dazaï. I’m planning to make more after altering my pattern (the sleeves are too short). Sizing is always a challenge for me. In this case, I’m patterning for a big/tall 1 ½ year old, who sometimes wears clothing size 3 years old. But I might make patterns for size 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-14 months, and 2-3 years old. It’s a lovely way to use up my colourful organic cotton, and integrate some of the lovely patterned fabric I have.. I’ve made up a second model tonight in tones of cream and white, with light green and pink floral pattern, and button detail at the back. I haven’t had time to take a picture yet. 



Je commence à maitriser ma surjetteuse! Me voila en mesure d'utiliser plus de tissu bio. J’en ai pas mal, qui me vient de la compagnie People Tree, pour laquelle j’ai travaillé quelques années à Londres. Une de mes meilleurs amies travaille encore pour eux, et m’en ramene occasionellement.
J’avais envie de faire cette petite veste recemment. C’est un style simple, avec une doublure en cotton. Sur ces photos, mon petit garçon Dazaï fait le mannequin. Je vais en faire d'autres, après avoir modifié le patron. Les manches sont trop courtes. J’ai construit ici un vetement pour un très grand bébé d’un an et demie, qui porte parfois des habits en taille 3 ans. Mais je pense faire du patronage pour 0-6 mois, 6-12 mois, 12-24 mois, et 2-3 ans. 
C’est une façon agréable d’utiliser une partie de mon coton bio très coloré, et d’intégrer certains motifs très jolis. J’ai fait un second modèle dans les crème / blanc,avec un motif floral en vert et rose, et un bouton derrière. Je n’ai pas encore eu le temps de la prendre en photo.
 

I noticed that this little jacket nearly fits one of Dazaï’s soft toys...


J’ai remarqué que cette petite veste est presque a la bonne taille pour une des peluches de Dazaï…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails