Jun 23, 2010

Recycled textile sculpture balls - Boules textiles, tissus recyclés

-->
-->
 

Wrapping layer after layer of jersey strips, I stop when I reach a satisfactory size.
About 3 years ago when I was holding a market stall in East London, a lovely lady brought me a bag of textile samples that shed been collecting. I kept them for all this time without making anything out of them as they are all stretch fabric, a material I didnt work with much until now. But finally they are coming into their own and absolutely perfect to cover some of my sculpture balls. 
-->
They are pretty arent they?
 

Boules en tissu recyclé
J’enveloppe couche après couche de lanières de jersey, arrêtant lorsque j’ai atteint une taille satisfaisante.
Il y a trois ans a peu près, lorsque je tenais un stand de marché dans le Sud de Londres, une gentille dame m’avait offert un sac de chutes de tissu qu’elle avait récolté. Je les ai gardées tout ce temps sans rien en faire car étant du tissu stretch, un matériau avec lequel je travaillais très peu jusqu'à récemment. Finalement, elles trouvent leur place et sont parfaites pour recouvrir mes sculptures-boules. 

-->
Elles sont jolies non ?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails