May 13, 2010

Birds themes and textile experimentations...


I’ve managed to fit in a little bit of sewing the last two evenings. Despite toddler, injured husband and pregnancy, I haven’t been as tired, or maybe just felt quite inspired by the lovely textiles that Jo has given to me.
I started working on a curtain panel using a selection of vintage handkerchiefs. I also made a baby blanket using some great fabric that I found a couple of weeks ago at a local village market. I love the repeat bird motif on this colourful yellow background. So much that I didn’t give in to any of my usual patchwork tendencies, and stuck to this fabric alone, with a dark blue jersey lining on the reverse, all hand stitched around the edge.
Also a couple of textile experimentations: one of stitching torsaded fabric, and the other strips of  padded fabric, which turned out more complicated and result-wise not as satisfying as I had hoped.
J’ai réussi à trouver un peu de temps pour coudre ces deux dernières soirées. Malgré mon fiston, mon mari « handicapé », et la grossesse, j’ai été moins fatiguée, ou alors surtout inspirée par les superbes tissus que Jo m’a donnés récemment.

J’ai commencé à travailler sur un panneau de rideau en utilisant quelques mouchoirs vintage. J’ai également faite une couverture pour bébé en utilisant un tissu super que j’ai trouvé il y a une paire de semaines lors d’un marché local. J’adore le motif de l’oiseau répété sur le fond jaune éclatant. Tellement que je me suis retenue de céder à mes tendances « patchork-istiques » habituelles et me suis contentée d’utiliser le tissu seul, avec un jersey bleu foncé en verso, tout cousu à la main autour du bord.

Et puis une paire d’expérimentations textiles : une de couture de torsade, et l’autre de couture de bandes rembourrées, qui s’est avérée plus compliquée et moins satisfaisante que je ne l’espérais. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails