Feb 18, 2010

A bit of mending – quelques réparations

-->

Three days since my last sewing stitches! How fast time goes by, between family, friends, and the household. This evening I’ve been doing a little mending workshop. A torn skirt for a friend. Invisible mending. And also two pairs of jeans, torn near the back pockets – photo to prove! The comment for this first repair was not very encouraging: “To red”. You might have guessed it was a repair for my husband. Well that will teach him to wear out his trousers like that in less then two years! I was surprised when checking out the pictures to notice that my repair has the shape of a foot. Yes I promise take a look at the close-up picture!
For the second repair I used a dark purple. I woke him up to ask him if it suited him better. The only comment I got was a grunt. I wonder why? It was only half past twelve.
Finally I did a bit of hand stitching to add a wider strap to the jersey patchwork dress that I started (on the 5th February). I used a fabric with dots, which is in contrast with the selection of materials previously used. I’ll probably have to add some for the bottom panels to balance out the design. 
-->PS pictures are at the bottom of the post.
Trois jours depuis mes derniers points de couture! Que le temps passe vite entre la famille, les amis et la maison. Pour ce soir je me suis fait un petit atelier rafistolage. Une jupe déchirée pour une copine. Réparation invisible. Et aussi deux paires de jeans déchirés près de la poche arrière – photo à l’appui. Le commentaire pour la première réparation n’était pas très prometteur : « trop rouge ». Vous l’aurez deviné, peut-être, c’était pour mon mari ! Ca lui apprendra à user ses pantalons comme ça en moins de deux ans ! Moi j’étais surprise en regardant les photos de voir que ma réparation a la forme d’un pied. Si, si, regardez la photo en gros plan.
Pour le deuxième je suis parti sur un violet foncé. Je l’ai réveillé pour lui demander si ça lui convenait cette fois-ci. Je n’ai eu en retour qu’un grognement mécontent. Je me demande pourquoi ? Il n’était que minuit trente.
Sinon j’ai fait quelques points à la main pour rajouter une bretelle un peu plus épaisse à la robe en patchwork de jersey que j’ai commencée (le 5 février). Je suis partie sur des petits pois qui contrastent beaucoup avec la sélection actuelle de tissus. Il faudra probablement que j’en rajoute sur les volants du bas pour balancer le tout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails