Oct 21, 2009

Art doll number 5 - in the making, first stage

A "sock doll" in its very early stages.

This "sock" was hand knitted by my young sister Gloria (10 years old) for my son last winter. It was a lovely attention, but not so much use could come out of it.

It's provided me with some inspiration however to work on it as a doll. I've stuffed the head section with remnant pieces of textile, which I am carefully securing by hand stitching against the woll stitches. I've shaped a nose out of pink textile.
I am planning to work on the rest of the body with very nice fabric, maybe a nice suit/costume of some kind, to balance out the "roughness" of the head.

The eyes are in the making. A black jersey band stitched above the nose (where else?), on which I will shortly affix 2 white globes, and then the iris. Maybe even some eyebrows.
I might also make a hat for this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails