Feb 4, 2010

Carrot biscuits


 









Carrot biscuits


Here’s my variation of the Bredele biscuits I mentioned
a couple of posts ago. 


I felt like there was a little too much sugar and
cinnamon – I make them for my baby son. 


I replaced a third of the sugar by grated carrots, a
little more flour but locally produced buckwheat flour, and less
cinnamon. 


The result is very nice, even if I say so
myself. 


Husband and son both agree too!


Ingredients:


100gr butter


100 gr sugar (I
used brown sugar)


50 gr grated
carrots


2 eggs


275 gr buckwheat
flour


2g baking powder
(or one small coffee spoon)


1 coffee spoon of
cinnamon


70 gr powder
almond


A pinch of salt





 Beat the
butter and sugar into a mousse. Add the egg. Whilst still beating, add the
almond powder and grated carrots. Then sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon
and salt in. Gather into a ball and let it to rest for at least three hours in
the fridge. 





After that,
spread the dough out in a 5 mm thickness.





Preheat the oven
at 180° C.





Cut out the
biscuits into your chosen shape. 





Put your shapes on a
baking tray. You can brush egg yolk over the biscuits. I forgot twice!





Cook for 15 mns
at 180° C. 





Make sure you do take them out after 15 mn even if they feel a
little soft, as they will harden fast. For my first batch I left them 20mn and
they started to burn.





 So that’s
it. When they have cooled down keep them in a biscuit jar and enjoy at will. 





They are lovely and taste nice and healthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails